Your Best Year Ever: Managing Your Mission, Yourself, and Your TimeThe transition from the end of one year to the start of another is a good time to pause to evaluate how the previous year has gone and how make the coming year even better. This time management workshop goes beyond a series of tips to give you principles and strategies for making this your best year ever.
Participants will learn to:
- Anchor a Best Year Theme to your overarching mission and purpose.
- Review the successes and frustrations of the previous year and forecast the successes and frustrations of the coming year.
- Align all of your tasks and activities with a vision about your career and your life that will give you more work-life balance and productivity.
As a result, you will:
Suggested Audience: all faculty
- Power your work with energy by designing Great Work, work that flows easily from a deep sense of meaning and purpose.
- Decide more easily what tasks are worthy of your time and energy instead of wandering from task to task.
- Procrastinate creatively so you can prioritize time, energy, and space for professional activities including research and writing.
- Construct to-do lists that are realistic and achievable.
- Create accountability strategies to keep you on track in all spheres, professional and personal, all in one place.
Suggested Time Frames:
- 6 hours – workshop with mini-lectures, exercises, and deeper learning
- Other time frames -can be shortened with less content